Press-In-Place seals, including the Parker Diamond Seal™, are customized with self-retaining characteristics and are known for their excellent sealing properties. These innovative seals can be manufactured in most compounds and reduce housing machine costs with a particularly easy installation and rapid assembly. They are custom designed to fit into both standard and complex groove patterns, thus requiring minimum packaging space because the Press-in-Place Seals are molded to match typical groove layouts.
- Excellent self-retention properties
- Easily installation for rapid assembly
- Can be manufactured in most compounds
- Narrow/tall cross section provides excellent sealing capabilities requiring minimum packaging space
- High sealing pressures for less microleakage and better sealing properties with non-ideal mating surfaces
- Low seal load provides effective sealing even when mating components are easily deflected
- Narrow, straight-walled groove width requirement allows more room for other components
- Optimal material usage provides a cost-efficient sealing solution
- Seal retention is achieved through the use of “press-in-place” design technology
Press-In-Place seals are characterized by many advantages, with notable sealing performance for electronic enclosures and consumer products. The Parker Diamond Seal™ achieves its optimal seal retention due to the use of innovative “press-in-place” design technology.
- Groove deeper than wide, aspect ratio typically ~0.7:1
- Larger tolerances drive larger grooves & seals
- Draft angle <1° per side.
- Surface finish: 63 µin (1.6µm) Ra typical.
- Machined, as-cast and molded grooves.
- Die checking, machining steps, etc. should be as small as practical for optimum sealing, ideally <0.25 mm in height
Typical Groove Sizes
Zatkoff's innovative sealing technology helps the Press-In-Place seals achieve optimal seal retention, thus eliminating seal-related warranty issues due to pinched or missing seals. Press-In-Place Seals also reduce housing machining costs, and offer a quick and easy installation.
At Zatkoff Seals & Packings, we are committed to offering the best sealing solutions across applications. Our time-tested Press-In-Place seals include Parker’s patented Diamond Seal™ as part of that commitment to deliver exceptional products for the long term. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of our Press-In-Place Seals today.