Outside sales responsibility working a Northern Ohio territory with a local customer service and warehouse team located in Maumee, Ohio. The sales representative sells products using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to assist customers in applying the products and services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. Employee would be responsible maintaining and developing business with existing and new customers.
Full-time position with a draw plus commission, company paid vehicle, and full benefit package.
This position requires up to 100% travel in the local area. Travel outside of sales territory is required as needed to support, sustain, and develop customer business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Makes sales contacts, researches customer needs, and develops application of products and services.
- Manage the sales process and control product offering.
- Participates in development of new products, modification of existing products, and termination of ineffective products.
- Make direct contact with customers; maintain existing territory and expand accordingly.
- Develop new accounts.
- Train customers regarding new product applications.
- Keep Branch Manager informed on all activities (i.e. new products, new program prototypes, etc.) and competitive activity.
- Provide timely reports summarizing business activities on a weekly basis.
- Develop new product/market plans with management.
- Provide annual budgets for expected sales, profit and expenses.
- Maintain consistent level of professionalism associated with the position.
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning.
- Manages technical aspects of committees and working groups.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Acts as the customer's primary technical representative from company.
- Represents all of company's product lines and experience for new or present customers.
- Makes technical visits on behalf of company, to technical groups at various customers, potential customers, and other organizations.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
Other Duties and Information
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Formal sales training, experience in solution selling, and 5 years of field sales experience.
- Relevant material knowledge in rubber and plastic.
- Capable of applying high mechanical aptitude to create solutions utilizing our seals, gaskets, and other related products.
- Analytical skills sufficient to develop solutions to customer problems, some of which may be innovative, and to negotiate mutually satisfactory business deals.
- Communication skills sufficient to persuade others; communication with customers requires tact and the ability to establish trusting relationships.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Full background check, substance abuse testing, physical, and position assessment is part of our pre-employment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Zatkoff Seals & Packings is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate in any manner. No phone calls please.
Send Resume To
Zatkoff Seals & Packings
Corporate HR Department
PO Box 486
Farmington, MI 48332-0486