The Toledo buyer manages expenditures of ~$10M+ per year for materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing programs. The buyer is responsible for entering and scheduling purchase orders per customer requirements for price, delivery, and quality. This position will have additional branch responsibilities including general office support with a variety of clerical activities.
In addition, this position will have opportunities to develop and train on customer service functions. Zatkoff customer service representatives provide effective service by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department and outside sales.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate effectively to meet and exceed customer's expectations.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required.
- Performs contract review on vendor acknowledgements to confirm price, delivery, and customer requirements are met.
- Follows up with suppliers on late and unacknowledged purchase orders to ensure delivery by a specific date
- Expedites parts with suppliers to meet required delivery dates
- Reviews daily reports to monitor delivery and price
- Works closely with accounting and suppliers to resolve claims for short shipments, damaged, or wrong parts.
- Communicates supplier changes in pricing, delivery, or engineering with customer service and sales teams.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Computes price, discount, and shipping charges as required.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
Required Education & Experience
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
- Customer Service Experience
- Product knowledge and familiarity.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering with two years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, 40 hours per week.
Regular travel is not expected for this position; however some minimal travel may be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
Other Duties and Information
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Full background check, substance abuse testing, physical, and position assessment is part of our pre-employment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Zatkoff Seals & Packings is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate in any manner. No phone calls please.
Send Resume To
Zatkoff Seals & Packings
Corporate HR Department
PO Box 486
Farmington, MI 48332-0486