The Quality Control Manger is responsible for establishing an effective corporate Quality Management System (QMS) that promotes continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. This position uses knowledge of regulatory requirements to assess, document, and make recommendations for the quality of manufactured and distributed products. The Quality Manager collaborates closely with sales, customer service, Inspection personnel, and suppliers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, implement, document, manage, and integrate a Quality Management System for all distribution and manufacturing locations.
- Educate and train employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution and continuous improvement.
- Design, implement, and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection.
- Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement criteria) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound process / product quality decisions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Establish collection and analysis systems of data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality and distribution efficiencies.
- Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Review customer purchase orders and change requests as necessary to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversee calibration and inspection programs.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Perform product dimensional layouts and GD&T for product compliance.
- Operate equipment for product identification and analysis.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
This position supervises and supports the quality departments of eight locations but is not responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees at each location.
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The primary work location will be at the corporate office in Farmington Hills, Michigan with occasional travel to other Zatkoff, supplier, and customer locations. Travel will be as needed to support quality initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or business administration, or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
- Extensive material and product knowledge in rubber, plastic, seals, and gaskets.
- Experience with IS0 9001, AS9120, and UL certifications.
- Experience with quality requirements for specific markets including automotive, aerospace, industrial, and life science.
- Knowledge of Product dimensional layouts and GD&T for product compliance.
- Comfort researching, understanding and advising on regulatory and environmental requirements including: ITAR, DFAR, REACH, ROHS, ELV, WEEE, NAFTA, IMDS, and Prop 65.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our facility is a professional, smoke free environment. The Quality Control Manager position is full time with a complete benefit package. Background checks, substance abuse testing, physical and eye exams, and position assessment is part of our pre-employment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Zatkoff Seals & Packings is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate in any manner. No phone calls please.
Send Resume To
Zatkoff Seals & Packings
Corporate HR Department
PO Box 486
Farmington, MI 48332-0486