The Technical Sales Representative is an outside salesperson who will use technical skill, product knowledge, and an understanding of the customer’s business to sell products and services offered by the Company to current and new customers.
This position requires up to 100% travel in the Ohio Territory, with some travel outside of the sales territory as needed to support, sustain, and develop customer business. Full-time position with a draw plus commission, profit sharing plan, company paid vehicle, and full benefit package.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Works with customers to create solutions utilizing our seals, gaskets, and related product offerings.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Answers inquiries from clients concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and related agreements.
- Collaborates with purchasing departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Formal sales training and 5 years of field sales experience.
- Relevant material knowledge in rubber and plastic.
- Analytical skills sufficient to develop solutions to customer problems.
- Communication skills sufficient to persuade others and establish trusting relationships.
- Prolonged periods of sitting in a vehicle or working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times, and may occasionally lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel.
Or send your resume to HR@zatkoff.com.