Zatkoff Seals and Packings' rapid prototyping program offers two-week delivery of O-rings and molded shapes, available in a variety of materials. High-quality prototypes are used for form, fit, and functional testing based on compound selection, including the following:
- Ethylene propylene (EPDM)
- Acrylonitrile butadiene (NBR)
- Hydrogenated nitrile butadiene (HNBR)
- Fluorocarbon (FKM)
- Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM)
- Silicone (VMQ)
- Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)
- Polychloroprene (CR)
Benefits of our rapid prototyping program include:
- Increased speed to market with a two-week lead time.
- Accelerated design and material validation prior to production tooling launch.
- Immediate availability for a variety of compounds, including UL listed and USP Class VI materials.
Important to note about our rapid prototyping program:
- A Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) charge will apply.
- Tooling is limited to a one-time use.
- Design and material verification is required prior to manufacturing of prototypes.
- FAIR and PPAP are not available with prototype tooling.
- Batch release data will be provided.
- Additional material testing or certifications will not be provided.
- Some molded shape designs may require a longer lead time.
Download our rapid prototyping brochure to find available O-rings and molded shapes, press-in-place standard groove dimensions, and compound qualifications for various applications.
If you’d like to learn more, contact your local Zatkoff technical representative or branch location